Friday, July 5, 2013

No Sharing in the Kingdom

Do we ever really learn to 'share'? Or do we just learn to deal with the frustration that sharing is a part of life. If you ask my two year old about sharing, his response? "no like this". Well little buddy, truth be told, I doubt anyone really loves sharing if we are gut-level honest with ourselves. 

Teaching a child to share…one of life's biggest lessons dealt at an early age. Add a sibling into the equation and the lesson gets real very quickly. My two boys have to share mom and dad and eventually will share their toys (Ha!) and will someday share friends, a bathroom, a car, space in our home. 

With this in mind, I'm thankful I serve a God who is enough for all. There is never not enough of God to go around, He is always our 'enough'. We don't have to wait for God to finish up with someone else, He's already working on us - constantly! 

Ephesians 3:20 - Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us (English Standard Version). 

*Abundantly More* - I love it. When I am less, He is more. Abundantly more. I'd love to be abundantly more for my sons, but since I can't be, I'll lead them to the One who is! I don't have to share my God (yes, share what He has done in and through me…but not my time with Him). There's no 'custody arrangement' with God…He is always ours and always ready, willing and available to meet us right where we are. 

Praising Him in every MOMent…
Rachel


Graham, 2 years
Emmett, 2 days here

No comments:

Post a Comment